Employment Opportunities at PING Europe Ltd
PING is a family-owned golf manufacturer, founded in 1959 by Karsten and Louise Solheim. The PING brand is synonymous with innovation, performance, quality and service and has a worldwide reputation for designing and manufacturing industry-leading, custom-fit golf equipment, while also being a highly regarded golf apparel brand.
PING Europe, based in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, assembles and distributes golf equipment to the UK, Ireland, Europe, Iceland, South Africa and the Middle East. The European headquarters employs over 250 people in a range of different functions, including manufacturing, operations, marketing, sales and finance. The company is also the proprietor of the local golf club, Thonock Park.
We have made extensive changes to our procedures and protocols to ensure that Ping Europe Ltd is a fully compliant Covid-19 venue.
Current Employment Opportunities
- Software Developer
- Chef (Thonock Park)
Job descriptions for all our current vacancies, including closing dates, are detailed below.
Please note that if we receive high levels of applications for a particular role, the closing date may be brought forward and no further applications will be accepted. Therefore, please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the IT Team to develop and support software applications for our UK operation. This will involve developing bespoke applications that interface with our ERP system, while also working in conjunction with our US-based development team to develop additional functionality for our ERP system.
Working with the IT Manager, you will be involved in the full development project life cycle, comprising of planning, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance
Complete development tasks as assigned, ensuring code conformity to established methodologies and standards
Create and maintain both system documentation and user training materials
Maintain the integrity and security of company systems and data
Other duties as assigned.
Essential qualifications and/or experience:
Educated to degree level in Information Systems or a relevant Computer Science subject.
Minimum of two years’ experience developing in a .Net framework using C#.
Experience of developing and deploying web applications using Azure
Experience of using SQL Server
Experience of using version control systems, such as Git, Subversion and Mercurial
Experience of ecommerce systems and EDI would be desirable
Experience developing solutions in Power Bi would be desirable.
Essential skills and personal qualities:
Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Be able to demonstrate data analysis and mathematical problem-solving skills
Be self-motivated and flexible, with good personal organisation
Able to work to deadlines
Confident working independently and as part of a team.
Anyone interested in the above position should submit their application in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a CV and covering letter stating why you think you are a suitable candidate for this role.
Chef (Thonock Park)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Thonock Park Kitchen as a Chef.
Reporting directly to the Head Chef, the Chef will support the Head Chef and Second Chef in the planning,
organising and day-to-day running of the main kitchen, ensuring a consistent high standard of product
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items, as directed by the Head Chef.
- Ensure that all foods are ready at the specified time and correctly served.
- Ensure consistently high standards of delivery, in relation to product and service standard for the bar, Cafe19 and restaurant food.
- Support the Head Chef and Second Chef in all matters relating to the main kitchen and take full responsibility for the kitchen in their absence, including stock control and ordering.
- Take an active role in promoting new ideas and improving department standards.
- Ensure all company health, safety and hygiene procedures and standard operatin procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Clean and put away all equipment after use.
- Guarantee high standards of personal hygiene and wear uniform as directed by the Head Chef.
Essential Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Basic food hygiene qualifications
- Possess a minimum of two years kitchen experience
- A passion for delivering great service and great food
- Hardworking and reliable
- A passion for quality, service and continuous improvement
- Confidence to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
Anyone interested in the above position should submit their application in writing to email@example.com, by the closing date 17th September 2021, including a CV and covering letter stating why you think you are a suitable candidate for this role.